TERMS AND CONDITIONS for “5 Words £5000 - Wickes & Absolute Radio- Terms & Conditions” (the “Competition”).
These terms should be read with our general competition terms at: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-competition-terms.html (the “General Terms”) which also apply to this Competition.
1.COMPETITION MECHANIC AND HOW TO WIN
The Competition is a word association game that will be taking place during the Absolute Radio breakfast show over a number of rounds between the dates of 9th September 2019 and 31st May 2020* (the “Competition Period”). Over the Competition Period, Absolute Radio and Wickes will give away a number of Prizes (one per round), which will total £30,000.00. . The specific prize amount for each round (the “Prize Amount”) will be announced before the round begins (more details below).
At one or multiple times during a Competition day, one member of the Absolute Radio Breakfast Show presenting team will play the word association game (the “Game”) with a contestant while another presenter hosts the Game (the “Host”). The contestant will be chosen at random after phone lines have been closed (the presenter hosting the Game will make it clear when this is due to happen).
At the start of the Game, the presenter whom the contestant will be playing against will put on a pair of headphones so as to block out the conversation between the Host and the contestant.
The contestant will be asked by the Host to give a one-word response to each of five words which are put to them by the Host. After the contestant has given their responses, the member of the Absolute radio presenting team who was wearing the headphones to block out the conversation between the Host and the contestant will remove the headphones and the Host will ask them to respond to the same five random words in the Game. If the presenter playing the Game states the same five words in response to the five words put to the contestant, then the contestant will win the Prize (as defined in these terms) for that round.
If one or more words as between the presenter’s answers and the contestant’s answers do not match, the contestant will win nothing.
All of the words for the word association Game will be chosen by a member of the Absolute Radio production team, with in-play team members having no prior knowledge of the words chosen. The presenter playing the Game will have no knowledge of these words, and will be provided with headphones during the Game to eliminate any chance of them hearing the contestant’s answers or the on-air output.
*During the campaign dates Absolute Radio reserve the right to pause the competition for any given time. The listeners will be informed of the pause date and when the competition will re-start on-air. Any attempt to play within this time will not be counted as the competition will be paused. Absolute Radio reserve the right to extend the Competition period if there has not been a winner for the final round by the End Date.
2.Entry Platforms and Costs
Entry to the Competition is available by phone, by calling 0330 123 12 15 during the periods when the lines are open.
During the Competition rounds, calls from landlines will be charged at your standard local rate. Calls from mobiles may cost considerably more, so ensure you check with your provider.
If a listener calls during the paused dates of the Competition calls from landlines will be charged at your standard local rate. Calls from mobiles may cost considerably more.
Competition Start Date and End Date. The Competition will start on 9th September 2019 (the “Start Date”) and will take place during the hours of The Absolute Radio Breakfast Show (06:00 – 10:00) until the earlier of:
(a) 31st May 2020 (the “End Date”); or
(b) the date on which the final Prize Amount is awarded.
The Competition will be played over a number of rounds. Round 1 will begin on the Start Date. Each round will have a set Prize Amount (out of the main Prize pot of £30,000), and each round will end when a contestant wins the Game. After this, a new round will begin (with a new Prize Amount).
Where there is no winner, the Competition will continue Monday to Friday, again during the hours of the Absolute Radio Breakfast Show, until the prize is given away. In this situation, Absolute Radio reserve the right to either:
(a) extend the End Date of the Competition; or
(b) guarantee a winner.
Phone lines will open when the Breakfast Show presenter announces that lines are open. Callers that get through will speak to a Producer, but being put through to a Producer does not constitute a guarantee that that caller will get to play the Game.
The Presenter will announce that lines are closed before selecting a caller to play the Game.
Before entering, callers should make sure they are able and willing to play the game on air at the time communicated to them.
Entries received before the Start Date, after the End Date, or while the lines are closed will be invalid.
· Open to UK residents aged 18 years or over on date of entry.
· Our employees (and their family members) or employees of any company involved in the Competition, incl. the Prize Provider, must not enter.
Entrants are only able to win a single prize throughout the duration of this Competition. There is no limit on the value of a single prize that may be provided to the individual winner of a Competition. However, no person may win more than one prize valued at £500 or more via any of our Competitions in any six (6) month period. For the avoidance of doubt, a winner should not enter the Competition again if they have already won in the previous six (6) months as they are ineligible to win. If a previous winner is drawn at random in a subsequent competition, or subsequent round of the same competition, they will be disqualified, and another entrant will be drawn at random. If it emerges after a winner has been awarded a Prize that they are a previous winner, in breach of these terms and conditions, they will be excluded and the Prize shall not be paid to them. If the Prize has already been paid, this must be returned immediately upon request. For clarity, it is possible to be drawn more than once to play the Competition between the Start Date and End Date, and if the entrant drawn has not previously won the Prize, they are eligible to play again.
In addition to previous winners, family relations of, or those living at the same residential address as, previous winners of this contest are ineligible to enter.
We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner who does not comply with any of the eligibility criteria and/or is in breach of these Terms. We reserve the right to repeat the competition mechanic or any stage of it in order to draw a winner that fulfils all of the eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Terms.
Between the Competition Start Date and End Date, there will be £30,000.00 worth of cash prizes awarded to one/ multiple contestants. Each time there is a new round, a new Prize Amount (which will be an increment of the total £30,000) will be announced. Absolute Radio reserve the right to increase the Prize Amount for a round. Once the Prize Amount has increased, it will not subsequently decrease for the remainder of the Competition.
Each new Competition round will start with a minimum Prize Amount of £5000.00, and this Prize Amount can be increased at any point during a Competition Round to any increment that is decided by the Absolute Radio production team.
The Prize Amount for a round will be won when the on-air contestant wins the Game for that Competition round. The on-air contestant that has won that Competition round will win the Prize Amount stated during the competition they are playing.
If there is money left in the prize pot when an on-air contestant wins a Prize Amount, the game will reset and a new round will begin, whereby another Prize Amount will be available for the contestants to win. When the £30,000.00 Prize fund has all been awarded, the Competition will be completed and there will be no further Competition rounds.
Spot prizes (which will accompany the Prize Amount on certain days of the Competition) may be added throughout the Competition and details of the additional spot prizes will be included on the terms and conditions and on-air.
The Prize Amounts won will be awarded to the winner/ winners of the competition in the form of a bank transfer. Please allow up to 28 days for payment.
Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- DATA PROTECTION. Names, email addresses, and /or telephone numbers (which, for all SMS competitions, will be shared with our SMS provider,) will be collected and used to process entries. Winner’s details may be given to the prize provider to arrange delivery of the prize. Your details may remain stored after the End Date but will not be used for marketing unless you have ticked an opt-in box on entry or text STOP if entering via SMS. If you have, your details will be used in accordance with the information given when you ticked the opt-in box and gave your consent. For more details, see: http://www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to our use of your entry both to publicise this Competition, our radio station or any other radio station which we own or control. This means that we may use all names, images, descriptions, photographs video footage, and other information, which you’ve submitted on entry, in any media, without paying you and without any time restriction. You also agree that we may film, record or photograph you in connection with the competition and /or the Prize (if you win!). We will own these films, recordings or photographs and we may use them publicly, including on the internet, for our radio broadcasts and/or for any promotional purposes. You will also have waived any moral rights or right to payment that you may have had.
- Entries which do not comply with these Terms or the General Competition Terms and Conditions will not be accepted and any entries may be disqualified if we have any reason to suspect that there is a breach of, or non-compliance with, these Terms.
- Where a competition mechanic involves the answering of questions, the correct answers to questions must match our answers to win (or be sufficiently close in our sole reasonable opinion) to be acceptable. In the event of any dispute about any answers given and whether they are correct, we reserve the right to amend what we deem a correct answer, however we are not obliged to, and our decision in either case is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We are not responsible if you fail to get through when you call / text to enter, or if you lose signal during a call.
- You are responsible for all costs of entry and where necessary, obtaining the bill payer’s permission. Please refer to your tariff with your network provider for information about charges you may incur for entry into our competitions via any SMS or phone call entry route.
- We accept no liability for network, technical or signal errors, issues or failures experienced by entrants when entering the competition or at any stage during the mechanic of the competition.
- Whilst on-air, you must not make any inappropriate, profane, indecent, harmful or offensive statements. If you do so we reserve the right to take you off-air immediately and disqualify you from the competition. You may be also disqualified from the competition at any time if you are incomprehensible, inaudible or if you appear to be driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners. Any prize already won may be withdrawn and re-awarded to another entrant.
- As far as it is lawful to do so we exclude our liability for any losses suffered in connection with the Competition or any element of the Prize.
- We may cancel, end or suspend the Competition where we are required to do so in circumstances outside our control. We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any stage during the Competition if such amendment is necessary to facilitate the administration of the Competition.
- CONTACT DETAILS. Any concerns? Please email: email@example.com. Concerns won’t be considered if made more than 14 days after the date the winner is announced.
Bauer Radio Limited is the promoter of this Competition, see: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-website-terms.html for details of our registered office and company number.
This competition is also subject to additional terms and conditions available at https://absoluteradio.co.uk/legal/competitions/index.html