TERMS AND CONDITIONS for “KLM” (the “Competition”).
These terms and conditions (the “Specific Terms”) for the Competition should be read alongside our general competition terms and conditions at: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-competition-terms.html (the “General Terms”) which will also apply to this Competition. Where there is any conflict between these Specific Terms and the General Terms, the Specific Terms shall prevail.
1.ENTRY ROUTES AND COSTS
Entries are restricted to one entry per person.
Entry to the Competition is available via the following routes:
- Phone by calling 0330 123 1215 which is a national rate telephone number.
Calls are charged at national rate from a BT landline – calls from other operators and mobile phones may vary.
2.COMPETITION MECHANIC AND HOW TO WIN
The prize winner will be the person who gets chosen to come to air and who successfully answers the question correctly chosen from the Dream Tombola.
If they get the answer wrong, we move onto another caller until a winner is found.
The decision of the presenter & producer is final.
3. ENTRY PERIOD
Entries must be submitted during the following entry period:
From Monday 9th September 2019 to Friday 13th September 2019 between 06:00 – 10:00 at a time indicated by the presenter.
Entries received before the Start Time or after the End Time will be invalid.
4. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS
- Open to UK residents aged 18 years or over on date of entry.
- Our employees (and their family members) or employees of any company involved in the Competition, including any Prize Provider, are not permitted to enter.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner who does not comply with any of the eligibility criteria and/or is in breach of these Terms. We reserve the right to repeat the competition mechanic or any stage of it in order to draw a winner that fulfils all of the eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Terms.
5. THE PRIZE
One winner per day (Monday to Friday) will receive the following prize (the “Prize”):
- One pair of adult economy class return tickets to be used on the KLM network (subject to availability & the prize specific conditions set out below)
- £2,000 cash (this will be in the form of a BACS payment or cheque). Made payable to a UK bank account only and to the named winner only.
The flight tickets prize is provided by KLM (the “Prize Provider”). We are not responsible for any aspect of the Prize, including unsatisfactory quality or late delivery or a prize winner being unable to take up any aspect, or the entirety of the prize due to their own circumstances or restrictions.
Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
PRIZE SPECIFIC TERMS & CONDITONS
- Prize includes one pair of KLM Economy Class return tickets (including taxes) from a regional UK KLM departure airport to any destination in the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines Network.
- Flights are operated via Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
- Tickets are subject to availability.
- Each return ticket must be used together (both passengers must travel together). One of the passengers must be the prize winner. An adult must accompany any children or infant.
- KLM is not responsible for any transport at the destination, transfers to or from the airports, accommodation or any other travel expense.
- Booking period finishes on 20th December 2019
- Travel period finishes on 30 June 2020.
- Travel is not permitted between 13th December 2019 to 6th January 2020, 1st April 2020 to 20th April 2020, 21st May 2020 to 1st June 2020.
- Booking must be made at least 28 days before the preferred date of travel.
- No extension of the date or change of destination is allowed from those specified in these T&Cs.
- No change of companion, names, travel dates or any other detail in the tickets is allowed once these have been issued.
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be substituted for any other prize or cash value.
- Income taxes (if any) paid on the value of this prize, or any other applicable surcharges, shall be the responsibility of the winner, parent or legal guardian.
- Winning tickets are excluded from the Flying Blue programme. Winners who are members of this programme, including those who accompany them, may not accrue miles for the prize flights.
- Winner must be over the age of 18 with a valid passport to travel (valid for at least 6 months beyond the return date for the trip).
- Winner and accompanying persons must obtain all correct visas, permissions and other documentation required. KLM is not liable for the costs of obtaining the correct entry documents.
- Winners are responsible for obtaining their own travel insurance.
- Absolute Radio and the airline are not responsible for the prize winner missing any flight or connection beyond the airlines control.
- Winners are responsible for making sure they and their travelling companion are fit and healthy enough to travel.
- Any disability or health issue must be flagged to the radio station and airline immediately.
- KLM standard baggage restrictions apply, excess baggage will be charged. https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/prepare_for_travel/baggage/baggage_allowance/index.htm
- We reserve the right to withdraw the prize from a prize winner and re-award the prize to another entrant where health reasons or concerns prevent a prize winner (or any of their guests) from taking up the Prize.
- DATA PROTECTION. Names, email addresses, and /or telephone numbers (which, for all SMS competitions, will be shared with our SMS provider) will be collected and used to process entries. Winner’s details may be given to a Prize Provider to arrange delivery of the prize. Your details may remain stored after the End Date but will not be used for marketing unless you have ticked an opt-in box on entry. For SMS entries you automatically consent to receive marketing. You may opt out at any time by texting the word STOP to the relevant text shortcode number. If you have opted in to receive marketing communications, then your details will be used in accordance with the information given when you ticked the opt-in box and gave your consent. For more details, see: http://www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to our use of your entry both to publicise this Competition, our radio station or any other radio station which we own or control. This means that we may use all names, images, descriptions, photographs video footage, and other information, which you have submitted on entry, in any media, without paying you any remuneration therefore and without any time restriction. You also agree that we may film, record or photograph you in connection with the competition and /or the Prize if applicable. We will own these films, recordings or photographs and we may use them publicly, including on the internet, for our radio broadcasts and/or for any promotional purposes. You will also have waived any moral rights or right to payment that you may have had.
- Entries which do not comply with these Terms or the General Competition Terms and Conditions will not be accepted and any entries may be disqualified if we have any reason to suspect that there is a breach of, or non-compliance with, these Terms.
- Where a competition mechanic involves the answering of questions, the correct answers to questions must match our answers to win (or be sufficiently close in our sole reasonable opinion) to be acceptable. In the event of any dispute about any answers given and whether they are correct, we reserve the right to amend what we deem a correct answer, however we are not obliged to, and our decision in either case is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We are not responsible if you fail to get through when you call / text to enter, or if you lose signal during a call.
- You are responsible for all costs of entry and where necessary, obtaining the bill payer’s permission. Please refer to your tariff with your network provider for information about charges you may incur for entry into our competitions via any SMS or phone call entry route.
- We accept no liability for network, technical or signal errors, issues or failures experienced by entrants when entering the competition or at any stage during the mechanic of the competition.
- Whilst on-air, you must not make any inappropriate, profane, indecent, harmful or offensive statements. If you do so we reserve the right to take you off-air immediately and disqualify you from the competition. You may be also disqualified from the competition at any time if you are incomprehensible, inaudible or if you appear to be driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners. Any prize already won may be withdrawn and re-awarded to another entrant.
- As far as it is lawful to do so we exclude our liability for any losses suffered in connection with the Competition or any element of the Prize.
We may cancel, end or suspend the Competition where we are required to do so in circumstances outside our control. We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any stage during the Competition if such amendment is necessary to facilitate the administration of the Competition.
- CONTACT DETAILS. Any concerns? Please email: [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Correspondence will not be entered into regarding any competition which has closed more than 14 days prior to correspondence being received.
Bauer Radio Limited is the promoter of this Competition, see: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-website-terms.html for details of our registered office and company number.